Free fuel for 20 years? Sounds too good to be true?
There are currently huge benefits for 'early adopter' commercial users. The RHI (Renewable Heat Incentive) scheme is designed to kick-start low carbon heating in the UK through very generous payments over a 20 year period.
You might be particularly interested in this technology if you are:
- Heating business premises.
- A pub, restaurant or leisure facility.
- Heating a warehouse or workshop.
- Have more than one housing unit that requires heat (district housing scheme).
Commonplace on the continent, wood boilers are only just starting to appear in the UK. What may seem a new and 'different' technology to many businesses in the UK has been tried and tested abroad over many years.
A biomass boiler is typically fired using wood pellets as they are easy to transport, simple to feed into a boiler and highly efficient, although wood chip can also be used.
What are the benefits of a biomass boiler for my business?
- Cut fuel costs: Wood pellet is cheaper than oil, bottled gas and electricity
- Rapid return on investment: A typical system pays for itself in 4-5 years through the RHI
- 'Free fuel': RHI payments will often cover the cost of the fuel being used in many cases, effectively giving free fuel for 20 years!
- Cut emissions: A low carbon business shows it is serious about the future and the environment.
The Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) provides regular payments over a 20 year period for heating spaces and water using low-caron, renewable resources. In practice this is often a heating system using wood pellets or wood chips. The scheme is relatively new, with very generous initial payment levels intended to kickstart the scheme for business users. Payback times are short (typically 4 to 5 years) and the scheme currently lasts for 20 years. In many cases the payments received counteract fuel costs, effectively proving free heating fuel for 20 years.
Photo & Video
Call me back
06-02-2014...but not by much. Solar PV installations registered after 1st April 2014 will receive a slightly...
03-12-2013Slate roofs pose problems for installers. See how TaylorMade Solutions use special flashings to...
11-11-2013Great news for anyone considering solar PV in the coming months as the tariff rate for new...
10-11-2013Ofgem have released a number of easy guides to applying for the non-domestic RHI. They are designed...
15-07-2013Householders could be paid thousands of pounds a year for generating heat by solar thermal panels,...
- More news...