Raise Your Green Credentials
Going green can benefit your business
The Carbon Trust advises that greening your business is a good way of reducing your overhead costs, but that’s only one of the benefits.
Every business can benefit from minimising its environmental impact. While complying with environmental laws and doing your bit to help the planet is important, going green also delivers direct business benefits.
Reducing waste using green suppliers, using a green travel plan or installing an environmental management system, not only reduces your negative environmental impact, but has an immediate effect on your bottom line.
In today’s business world, companies are more willing to make eco-friendly changes because they know that
- They can achieve savings in energy costs. Recycling, energy conservation, energy-efficient office equipment, and water-saving devices all save money by cutting bills.
- They don’t have to spend a lot of money to make changes, and often changes actually save the business money. The reducing consumption part of being green can cut overhead expenses significantly.
- They can improve staff productivity. Getting employees involved in making the business greener and the office and other workplaces more energy-efficient makes them feel like part of the team and motivates them. Greener workplaces also are likely to be healthier and safer, which means that the company loses less money through staff sick time.
- Becoming known as a green firm can be attractive to potential employees. Being green means looking after people as well as the environment, and being green may give your company the edge in attracting the best staff.
- Nowadays, customers and other business partners prefer to work with firms that are environmentally responsible. A reputation for taking the right approach can be a key competitive differentiator for you.
- Whatever your business, going green presents real business opportunities.
Photo & Video
Call me back
06-02-2014...but not by much. Solar PV installations registered after 1st April 2014 will receive a slightly...
03-12-2013Slate roofs pose problems for installers. See how TaylorMade Solutions use special flashings to...
11-11-2013Great news for anyone considering solar PV in the coming months as the tariff rate for new...
10-11-2013Ofgem have released a number of easy guides to applying for the non-domestic RHI. They are designed...
15-07-2013Householders could be paid thousands of pounds a year for generating heat by solar thermal panels,...
- More news...